The National Virtual Annual Meeting for 2020 was conducted via Zoom on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. All NSPII members were invited to attend. Meeting highlights include:
- Welcome to our recently-elected National Board Members: Jamie Martin, 2nd Vice-President; National Board Members Jessica Davis, Miguel Caraballo, and Lisa Sweatland. Click here to view our current Board of Directors and State Chapter Delegates.
- 1st Vice-President Joel Abbey reports that registration will be opening soon for the VIRTUAL 6th Annual Midwest Medical Fraud Symposium on June 16 - 17, 2021. While the Indiana Chapter would like to host the seminar in-person, they are excited that the virutal offering allows all NSPII members from around the country to register and attend.
- Treasurer Clay James provided a report on 2020 National Executive Board initiatives and an overview about the Member Area of our new website. Members can email [email protected] if you have trouble logging into the Member Area.
- President Shane Otto announced that the National Executive Board unamiously approved a recommendation to recognize Scott R. Brown of Frost Brown Todd LLC as a Lifetime Member because of his exemplary service to the Society. Scott has been a member of NSPII for 17 years. During this time, he served on the National Board from 2009 - 2014 and 2017 - 2019. He was National President in 2014. He was also President of the KY/TN Chapter in 2017 and served on the KY/TN Chapter Board before 2017 and since. Scott has presented numerous times at our National seminars. We are grateful for Scott's contribution to NSPII. Click here to see the list of current Lifetime Members.
- President Otto also announced that Chad Conrad was awarded the 2020 Outstanding Achievement Award. Clay James was awarded the 2020 F. Lee Brininger Award. Click here for more information on National Awards.
- We've started planning for the 2021 Annual Seminar in November 2021. If you would like to assist or have ideas for topics and speaker / presenters, please email Shane Otto at [email protected]
A link and passcode to watch the meeting recording is available in the Member Area. We're looking forward to 2021!
The National Executive Board
We've corrected the problem that kept our member directory from showing all NSPII members that have opted to be listed in the directory. Only members have access to this area, so take a moment and update your directory profile so other NSPII members can contact you! Remember that you can also choose what personal information is displayed in the directory and what is made available for only NSPII administrative purposes. Call or email Secretary Chad Conrad or Treasurer Clay James with any questions.
Did you know we have a member directory in the member's only section of our website? Login and check it out! If you haven't updated your member profile, take a few minutes to do so! It's a safe place to upload your photo, list your contact info, and share a little about what you do to fight insurance fraud. Only members have access to this area, but you can also choose what personal information is displayed in the directory and what is made available for only NSPII administrative purposes. Call or email Secretary Chad Conrad or Treasurer Clay James with any questions.
Given the impact of the pandemic on so many members, the National Executive Board has approved that 2021 membership dues for current Full and Associate members will be waived. All members that paid through 12/31/2020 are now extended through 12/31/2021 and will enjoy another year of NSPII membership at no additional cost. Please email Secretary Chad Conrad at [email protected] with any questions.
National Executive Board
Dear NSPII Members,
As you can see, our new website provides a password-protected content area for members only. Current members can set up their login by entering their email address and clicking the password reset link.
If your email address has changed, please email Secretary Chad Conrad at [email protected] to update your email.
If you need to pay your 2020 dues, please email Treasurer Clay James at [email protected] for an invoice to pay by credit card.
We’re excited about this new website and the opportunities it provides to serve our members. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
NSPII National Board
The National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators is pleased to complete our work with StarChapter to update our website with new features including a Member's Only section with individual login. If you have any feedback or questions about website content and features, please email either Treasurer Clay James at [email protected] or Secretary Chad Conrad at [email protected]
Clay James, NSPII Treasurer
Michael Hageman with Cincinnati Insurance Co. received the Lifetime Member Plaque at the 2019 NSPII Insurance Fraud Seminar at the Doubletree by Hilton in Lawrenceburg, IN on October 7, 2019. This award is given to a member who has given continuous exemplary service to the Society for not less than 10 years. A Lifetime Member shall not be required to pay dues.
Megan Hall with Country Companies received the F. Lee Brininger Award at the 2019 NSPII Insurance Fraud Seminar at the Doubletree by Hilton in Lawrenceburg, IN on October 7, 2019. This is the Investigator of the Year Award.
Michael Jacobs with Cincinnati Insurance Co. received the Outstanding Achievement Award at the 2019 NSPII Insurance Fraud Seminar on October 7, 2019 at the Doubletree by Hilton in Lawrenceburg, IN. The Outstanding Achievement Award is given to a Society member for "outstanding achievement in the fight against fraudulent insurance claims."
The 2019 President's Award was awarded to Clayton "Clay" James with Cincinnati Insurance Co. at the 2019 NSPII Insurance Fraud Seminar at the Doubletree by Hilton in Lawrenceburg, IN on October 7, 2019. The President's Award is given to a Society member for outstanding and exceptional service to the Society. This Award is special because it is given at the discretion of the outgoing president.