The National Virtual Annual Meeting for 2020 was conducted via Zoom on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. All NSPII members were invited to attend. Meeting highlights include:
- Welcome to our recently-elected National Board Members: Jamie Martin, 2nd Vice-President; National Board Members Jessica Davis, Miguel Caraballo, and Lisa Sweatland. Click here to view our current Board of Directors and State Chapter Delegates.
- 1st Vice-President Joel Abbey reports that registration will be opening soon for the VIRTUAL 6th Annual Midwest Medical Fraud Symposium on June 16 - 17, 2021. While the Indiana Chapter would like to host the seminar in-person, they are excited that the virutal offering allows all NSPII members from around the country to register and attend.
- Treasurer Clay James provided a report on 2020 National Executive Board initiatives and an overview about the Member Area of our new website. Members can email [email protected] if you have trouble logging into the Member Area.
- President Shane Otto announced that the National Executive Board unamiously approved a recommendation to recognize Scott R. Brown of Frost Brown Todd LLC as a Lifetime Member because of his exemplary service to the Society. Scott has been a member of NSPII for 17 years. During this time, he served on the National Board from 2009 - 2014 and 2017 - 2019. He was National President in 2014. He was also President of the KY/TN Chapter in 2017 and served on the KY/TN Chapter Board before 2017 and since. Scott has presented numerous times at our National seminars. We are grateful for Scott's contribution to NSPII. Click here to see the list of current Lifetime Members.
- President Otto also announced that Chad Conrad was awarded the 2020 Outstanding Achievement Award. Clay James was awarded the 2020 F. Lee Brininger Award. Click here for more information on National Awards.
- We've started planning for the 2021 Annual Seminar in November 2021. If you would like to assist or have ideas for topics and speaker / presenters, please email Shane Otto at [email protected]
A link and passcode to watch the meeting recording is available in the Member Area. We're looking forward to 2021!
The National Executive Board